Sunday, January 08, 2012

Child Birth Classes

I don't know why exactly I enrolled in Childbirth Classes.  I've always thought that they were only for those intending on not having epidural/anesthesia during childbirth - which is true, but not everyone who attends the sessions do without anesthesia.  It was Session 1 (of 5) for Alvin and I today.

H has been feeling sick the past couple of days, actually so I was very grateful that he still drove to Ateneo ISO for the classes.  He was sneezing and coughing - the works! Poor boy.  The classes would run for 3 hours and we were a total of 14 couples in the morning session (9am to 12nn).  I was surprised, actually, to see so many couples in the class! And to think, Rome, our instructor, still had an afternoon batch!

In our batch, I think we were mostly a mix of pregnant women due February to April of this year, with me being the last.  Anyway, so it began with a series of introductions from Rome, as well as us 14 couples.  It was going okay though H was kinda drowsy and feeling really under the weather.  I felt so bad for him, since his face really screamed "Put me in bed, I'm sick!".  I asked him halfway through the class, at around 10:40 AM, if he wanted to just go home and come back next week for Session 2.  His eyes lit up when I asked so during the short break, I asked rome if we could go.  Of course she allowed us.  H was also worried about infecting all the other pregnant mommies in the room if we had stayed.

So, considering we were only there for an hour and a half, it was pretty informative! I learned so much stuff about labor and delivery - and best of all, they were all from actual experiences and not some random internet article out to instill more fear in me, hehe! Plus, all the couples seemed really nice and friendly.  I'm really looking forward to the other sessions, hopefully H will be feeling better and in tip-top shape!

Edit: A photo from one of the sessions we had where H was practicing diaper changing along with the other fathers..



As for now, it's time to get back to work - spent most of the Sunday afternoon in bed.  Blaming the lazy bed weather! Happy Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment