Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Takbo Para sa Pamilyang Manileno 10km

This was a spur of the moment race since I was just invited to do this days before.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to do any long runs for April so I didn't join any races above 10km.  I have one in line for April 27 - Takbo Mo, Buhay Ko, a benefit run for rebuilding homes in Tacloban.

So, anyway, I was invited by Alvin (not husband) to do this since he had extra race kits.  I obliged since I thought this was better than doing a 10km (which I planned on anyway) on my own! I wasn't sure where Quirino Grand Stand was (sorry, hehe) so I asked to hitch with him.


Ran the entire race with Alvin which explains my 10km PR! Finally a sub1! Praise God! I am happy to note that even though we ran faster than usual, I felt pretty good the entire race.  Like it was a difficult pace, but comfortable anyway.  This just motivates me to keep doing my intervals and keep working at eventually doing a sub2 21km! Thank you so much to Alvin for the invite and Dennis for letting me tag along :D And thank You, Lord, for Your strength! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment