Thursday, April 11, 2013

Almost the Weekend!

Say hello to my new baby! ;) This elliptical was delivered right at our doorstep Monday of this week.  As mentioned in a previous entry, I bought this from Toby's.  It cost me Php 10,490 (something like this) + Php 300 (delivery free) = Php 10, 790.  Not bad considering it doesn't need electricity to work so at least my mom will not nag me about wasting electricity.  So far, I've been on it twice this week! Tuesday (since it came late Monday afternoon) and yesterday, Thursday.  Yesterday, I wore my Garmin + heart rate monitor and found out I burned about 255 calories in 55 minutes.  Take note, I noticed that my heart rate monitor was not worn properly already 25 minutes into the workout.  So at 25 minutes, it read that I had only burned 8 calories, LOL! So I most probably burned more than 255 calories.  I plan on using this elliptical 4-5x a week.


I am also currently downloading Shaun T's INSANITY work out.  Supposedly a high-intensity workout that lasts for 60 days.  More info on that here.  I'm going to be doing it with running buddy Van, starting on Monday when we get back from Cebu.  Not sure if I can do this while going on the elliptical 5x a week.

Wish me luck, it's supposed to make me, well, insane.  Will tell you about that after Day 1.

photo from the internet
On eating healthy, I have been eating a lot of cottage cheese, yogurt, Fitness cereals, fruits and vegetables. Been trying to avoid pork and beef, hence, sticking to chicken and fish.  So far, so good.  I'm not weighing myself (I find this to be too stressful for me), just observing my clothes and how much better they fit ;) I have to keep reminding myself, it is not OPERATION SKINNY but rather, OPERATION STRONG AND HEALTHY! ;) I can't say I eat healthy 100% of the time, I cheat once in a while but when I do, I make sure to take in controlled portions (i.e. Had a serving of plain Ruffles just the other day.  The pack says 1 serving is 7 chips so I only had 7... I chose the bigger cuts, haha).



Tomorrow, we head off to CEBU! ;) Staying in Crimson Spa & Resort, Mactan.  It was originally Shangri-La but since I figured we've already been there, why not try something new (and a bit cheaper, too)? I've also heard a lot of good things about this resort.  Photos look amazing! (photos from the website).  




Keeping my fingers cross I don't get a fussy baby on the plane! ;) TGIF!

P.S.
It's yaya's last day tomorrow.  She leaves right after we leave for Cebu.  I don't have a replacement YET so in as much as I miss running, it's the elliptical and whatever workouts I can do while he's napping that will work for now.  Unless... any takers to keep Liam entertained while I go off for a run? ;)




2 comments:

  1. I love the Insanity workout!

    Try niyo na! Nakakabaliw lang sa umpisa but enjoy when you get the hang of the routine...

    I suggest elliptical muna before... Bagsak ka na kasi after the one hour routine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thirdy! I saw your blog and how tiyaga you were with the Insanity workout! Grabe. I barely got past Day 3 hahaha. I think it takes a lot of determination and will power to be able to finish it. Nakakapagod talaga. I'd take a long run any time over that HAHA. But maybe I'll get back to it ;)

      Delete