Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Liam's 1st Trip!

So last weekend, Liam went on his first trip out of town.  Apologies for the late update, my laptop's charger died on me and I could not find a convenient Powermac/iStudio branch with the specific model.  Thanks to a friend who lent me her old charger (saves me the money, too!).

Anyway, I was so worried about this trip for the following reasons:
1) First airplane ride for the little one
2) No yaya with us
3) I will be the only girl - brother, dad, husband and baby

I'm so glad it's over and done and in all fairness, although I was dead tired by the end of the weekend, I do feel pretty happy knowing my grandma, Liam's great grandma, finally got to see him.  

Here are some photos from the trip:
Us three before checking in ;) I thought for weeks whether I should bring the stroller or the carrier - I asked around and ended up choosing the carrier.  No regrets about bringing it but I also do wish I brought the stroller too.  It would have been handy when going around the resort! Plus, I think Liam's getting a little too heavy for the carrier.  My back/shoulder/neck were killing me by the end of the weekend! Note to self: invest in an Ergo Carrier when I have next baby!

Crimson Resort and Spa <3


Liam with my 90-year-old grandmom, his Taima (great grandmother in Chinese)

My little family ;)

I can't say that the trip was a relaxing one.  How could it be with a 1-year-old in tow? But I'm pretty happy that hubby and I survived it.  

On bringing a baby to a trip, these are some of the things I learned:
1) The price to pay for check-in baggage is minimal compared to the hassle of bringing around your stuff.  It may seem easy to bring around stuff for an overnight trip, but with a baby? Not.  
2) If you still need bottles to be sterilized, ask the hotel if they can do it for you.  You never know! Like with Crimson, they do wash and sterilize bottles so I didn't have to bring my sterilizer.
3) Make sure baby always has snacks ready (that is, if he/she takes solids already).  Otherwise, milk should also always be handy.
4) Bring with you a plastic/paper bag in case baby decides to do the nasty in transit.
5) People who knew I was going to bring Liam to ride an airplane told me to make sure I make him drink milk during take off and landing.  This failed for me because during take off, I gave it a little too early.  When it was time to really take off, he was done with the bottle, LOL.  Good thing he didn't fuss during take off.  Landing is a different story.

I'm happy to say that save for our room not being ready by check-in time (we only paid for 1 room for early check-in), I give Crimson Resort and Spa two thumbs up! I love their staff - always so polite and courteous.  I did not meet any staff member who did not greet me good morning or good evening.  The resort is also baby friendly: as mentioned, they wash and sterilize bottles for free.  Crimzone is also a nice place to bring your baby to once in a while during the trip (it's like a mini Gymboree).  High chairs are highly accessible, one of the pools is only 2-ft. high, so perfect for little kids.  

So, I'm done vacationing with a baby for now.  Next vacation? Either we leave Liam behind or wait until he's about 4-5 years old! 

PS It's day 5 (first 2 days was when we were in Cebu) without a yaya and so far, so good.  But crossing my fingers for her replacement anytime soon.  In as much as this is wonderful bonding for me and Liam, it is also very, very, very exhausting! :)) I wonder how full-time moms without yayas do it - hats off to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment