Thursday, October 18, 2012

Running Blues

So I've registered already for my Unilab 10km and I'm a week away from it.  I'm half excited and half nervous for it, knowing that I HAVE to do better than I did in the Adidas KOTR (1:22).  According to CA, my goal should be 1:15! Gahh, that's 7 minutes that I have to shave off!

I don't really know which is better - to run in the mornings or the afternoons but to me, I've always enjoyed the early morning runs.  I used to run in the mornings last year when I was training for the half marathon.  It was manageable since I was still in the corporate setting, having to get to work at 9 AM.  Now that I'm back in school, with a 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM time, long runs in the morning just seems too impossible - unless I start at 4:00 AM! That would be insane.  Or...hmmm (someone's considering it).

But since I really do prefer running in the morning, I've made it part of my training to run every Friday, 6AM in the gym.  On Fridays, the Husband works from home so it's the driver who brings me to the gym.  I run for about 45 minutes, take a shower at around 6:50 AM and walk to work (it's a 5-minute walk to school).  I did it last week and again this morning.  Nothing like a morning run to keep me energised for the rest of the day! For the past runs, I've been trying to finish a 5km in 35 minutes and so far, it's not happening :( Last Wednesday, my time was 37:57 and this week's Wednesday was 37:28.  Just seconds shaved off.  Today in the gym, I had to finish at 4kms since I had to head to work.  So I did 4kms in 34:45.  Kind of just walked the past 500 meters.

UGH.  I HAVE TO GET FASTERRR.  Will run again on Sunday and Monday.  Hoping for a better 5km then.

No comments:

Post a Comment