Friday, October 05, 2012

KOTR ++

I ran my first race last Sunday, September 30 in the Adidas King of the Road.  Although my husband thought I was insane for signing up for 10km category (he thinks I should have joined the 5km run instead), I managed to finish the run in a pretty decent time of 1 hour and 22 minutes.  My fastest was at 1 hour 6 minutes and longest, first ever 10km was at 1 hour 30-something.  So, I conclude, that my time is not so bad at all!

I've also found a running group!


Van, my grade school classmate and Leslie, my college blockmate (both batchmates from high school)

We train separately but got together when we decided to join this run.  We plan on joining one run each month! 

October - Unilab 10km
November - New Balance PowerRun 10km and RunBGC 10km
December - I know there's a Nike Run, just not sure when it's going to be and if there's going to be a 15km run for that 

All these runs will hopefully prepare me well for my February full marathon! Phew, just thinking about me gives me a million butterflies in my tummy.  A mix of excitement and nervousness for The Dream Marathon. 

I'm glad I've been regularly running already - save for this week when I've just ran Thursday so far and had gotten sick today :( I have a feeling my body's had too much.  Been running lately (both under the rain and not) then not eating as much (in the hopes of losing weight) and doing teacher work.  Ugh, it's crazy.  And on top of all that, I never really get to sleep a straight 8-hours anymore since Liam was born.  I'm not complaining but my body seems to be.  For over a week, I've just been having milk for dinner except tonight when I had a full plate of spaghetti (today's menu for dinner) in the hope of gaining back my energy.  In my mind: I have to get better so I can ruuuun.  Yes, call me obsessed.  

I mentioned the baby a while ago and my is he growing up so fast! He's turning 6 months in 2 weeks and here he is now:


My little big boy! :) Lately, it seems that every waking moment is spent shrieking and shouting! In as much as I hate having my sleep interrupted, he really does make it so worth it <3 Oh, motherhood.

**

I don't know if I'm biting off more than I can chew trying to manage so many things at the same time... but I'm glad to have the feeling of being tired.  To me, being tired means being productive.  I'd rather do so much and be tired rather than not do anything at all! :) 

So thank you Lord, for the blessing of my many roles in life!

Mother, wife, runner, teacher... Signing off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment