Friday, March 16, 2012

2011-2012

Running down the many ways this year has been eventful, to say the least:

1) I had to re-learn Salvation History and figure out how to teach it.
2) I entered the school year at a very irregular time (Second Quarter)
3) I lost a very dear friend, Jen :(
4) I no longer walked around the corridors as Ms. Ng but as Mrs. Guce
5) I experienced teaching in the fourth floor - with baby in tow
6) Oh, for the first time EVER, I didn't have a fair booth! :) hehehe

I think that although I complained a lot about this year (my colleagues know this well), I can sincerely say that yes, I am still grateful for all that I have experienced this year.  It has been a life-changing experience, having to teach high school freshmen and has really prepared me well for motherhood, if I may say so.  This year I learned to be persistent and to never give up on people who matter.  I learned also that sometimes, you just have to accept that not all goals are met in the specific time you'd like them to meet.  I learned that as a teacher, your worth can never be measured in the classroom, sometimes the success of a teacher takes years to be seen and discovered.  Like I told my kids (advisory class), I may not have changed you but I hope I at least planted the seed for that transformation.

Last year, I learned that "love makes what is difficult, easy".  This year, more than anything else, I learned that giving up is only for the weak.  The strong never give up, even if things seem hopeful.  Love never gives up :)

Here's to ending the school year right, and starting another year in 2 months! :) My sixth year of teaching will be awesome - I can feel it already.  Will not only be a mother to the girls, but to my little boy Liam - who turns 35 weeks in my huge belly today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment