Wednesday, July 17, 2013

RUPM 2013: October 6



I was browsing through the Pinoy Fitness website when I saw that there was an announcement on RUPM 2013! It will be on October 6, 2013, less than 3 months away and will be held in MOA.  I posted on Facebook that my goal is to finish 21km in 2 hours for that specific run and so, I must follow through.  Although I am excited about this new goal, I am also butt-scared about not being able to do it.  I have been consistently consulting CA who has been so patient with my questions, hehe and my spinning instructor in the gym who also runs (but prefers biking more).  They, of course, both say the same thing, I have to get used to running faster and for a longer period of time.

So, this is my battle plan... Mondays, I run for 1 hour straight, and see what distance I get.  Wednesdays, I work on my speed and so I do intervals in the gym (running at about treadmill speed of 9-11, 12 if I can, that's 6:40-5:40 min/km) and Saturdays, long runs.  So far, for 2 runs, I did the intervals and could only do speed of 10 :( 3-1 for an hour, 3 minutes run and 1 minute walk (a 10 is about 6 mins/km).  I will start with the long run of 10KMs this Saturday since Les and I agreed to run in UP.  I haven't been there in a while so I'm looking forward to that ;) Plus, I registered for Milo 10KM (next Sunday already) so I have to prepare for that.  Originally aiming for sub-1 there but, I don't know since I haven't really ran for more than 7KM.  HAHAHA, so dead.

More info on RUPM 2013 here and to register, here's the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment