Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Back to Running

For the past month or so, I haven't really been running and it was only last week that I started running again.  I don't run with Coach Alvin (CA) anymore but he still remains to be my most influential running friend ;) So I still text him my split times, total times, pace, etc.  Since I haven't ran in a while, I expected to run with the average pace of about 8:00-8:30/km but I'm surprised that I did better! I think about a month ago, I finished 5KMs by myself at 42:00! Since then, I took healthy eating to a whole new level, joined spinning and boot camp classes religiously so I guess those helped me gain strength I could use when running.

Last Monday, I finished 5KMs in 34:57! 
L1 - 7:31
L2 - 7:21
L3 - 7:04
L4 - 6:51
L5 - 6:08
Of course, I kept hearing CA's voice telling me that my last KM should always be the fastest! Not bad, right?

Yesterday, Wednesday, I told myself I'd do 7KMs.  Not focusing on fast but just wanted to run longer. So even if it was initially raining, I still did.  I finished in 50:00 with an average pace of 7:01/km.  
L1 - 7:26
L2 - 7:23
L3 - 7:21
L4 - 7:18
L5 - 6:57
L6 - 7:07 (Medyo napagod ata at this point)
L7 - 6:26
Average pace - 7:08 ;)...CA says I should have ran faster, but to me, okay na! At least for now! 

I'm not really training for any race, just really want to run FAST.  Goal is a 10KM under 1 hour.  Maybe in a month's time? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment