Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy 27!

For some reason, I don't have any photos from my birthday! As I posted on my Facebook Timeline, 


"Officially 27! No bongga celebration, just a quiet day with the people who matter most. Slept in (hooray for Christmas break), gave Liam a bath (it's been so long since I got to do this), had a nice Japanese lunch/double date with my parents, afternoon nap with Liam, ran with the husband and had a movie date to end the day. 


The less you demand out of life, the easier it is to find happiness and contentment. If the world ends tomorrow, I'll be happy to say I spent the last day of my life well :p" 

If I were the less mature me, I'd be complaining cos I didn't get flowers and a nice surprise gift (hubby advanced his gift by giving me those New Balance running shoes and Garmin heart rate monitor/watch).  But since I feel having a baby has made me grow up in more ways than one (because seriously, who needs anything else when you have both parents still alive, a cute - I may be biased - little dumpling boy, and loving husband), I'm really just happy to have spent the day with good food, family and a nice run.  Yes, although it was a quick 5km, I just HAD to run on my birthday! :) 

On to other things, I went to the doctor yesterday (12/21) to have my feet checked.  I visited Dr. Eufemio in Cardinal Santos and although it was a terribly long wait, I'm still glad I went! I've been complaining about really painful soles for the last 2-3 long runs.  Like while running, the soles of my feet would really, really hurt.  All the more after - they'd feel incredibly sore like one more step would kill me already.  OA much? No! I can bear to walk with blisters but this pain was horrendous.  Dr. Eufemio explained that although I thought this was because I was carrying around more weight now that I'm heavier, it's not so much that.  He explained the presence of relaxin and how that hormone was released in giving birth and also has an effect on my feet/muscles/heel! Gosh, never thought that could be possible.  Anyway, so the doctor also mentioned that my feet have very high arches which cause underpronation (oh dear, I hope I understood it well!) and that the only thing that will help me is getting shoe inserts (which according to Ortho Frey, costs a whopping Php6,000! But my New Balance shoes only cost me 5,000! Hayayay.  I love running and all but I don't think I want to spend an additional 6k for shoe inserts :( Anyway, I called CA after my visit to the doctor and of course he thinks inserts are unnecessary, yada yada.  I still don't know what my move will be but I will do the stretching exercises the PT there taught me to do and observe my feet some more.  I don't want to totally discount what the doctor said but a part of me just feels that maybe I can do without the inserts.  I just need to get used to running long distances again.  

Speaking of, Van and I are running with CA's friend Dennis and wife Per tomorrow, Sunday.  My target is 25kms while Van's is about 28, I think.  This run is in preparation for next week's 32km in Rizal Day Run! 

For today, hubby, Liam and I are trooping over to the South to spend the day with the in laws and Saturday dinner with his high school boys (and their girls).  

3 more days 'til Christmas! :) 


2 comments: