Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chill Christmas

So, like my birthday, I also have ZERO photos from Christmas.  Could it be because I've been busy with Liam? Too busy to take photos? Speaking of Liam...

Cutie :D 

He's getting more and more kulit as the days go by - plays with his saliva in his mouth, always has that kagat-labi look, makes sooo much noise, shouts when he's excited - but all these are signs he's a happy, healthy and active baby boy so I'm very much grateful. 


This little boy, my husband A and I spent Christmas Day with my in laws in the South.  Since my husband doesn't like being there New Year's Eve/New Year (their neighbors are fond of firecrackers and the like), we opted to spend Christmas Day there.  Of course, lolo and lola were ecstatic since it was Liam's first Christmas.  Although it wasn't easy for me to 'leave' my parents on Christmas Day, I had to accept this as part of being married - that there is another family now to celebrate with.  Over all, I had a chill Christmas Day with my in laws :) I have to admit, I was so exhausted when we got home - didn't bring yaya anymore since my mom rented a karaoke machine for the helpers, didn't want her to miss out on the fun :p

Oh, good news! My Christmas gift to myself arrived a few days ago, care of my good friend Christine who's home for the holidays! :)


I got it for only about P5,500 (with tax), thanks to Amazon.com! Here in the Philippines, they sell it for P9,990! It's just a basic GPS watch, no heart rate monitor which is fine since I have that in my Garmin Forerunner 70, which A bought for me a couple of months back.  I haven't used the watch for a run since I was in the gym for today's 5km.  But I did try GPS awhile ago while walking to the car.  It works! :) Will use it this Sunday for the Rizal Day Run. 

I wonder how many crazy people registered to run on the second to the last day of the year! I'm still worried about Rizal Day Run's 32km but it helped that I did about 26kms last Sunday.  Although I did walk the last 3kms, but knowing I was able to do 26 and would just have to add 6 more on Sunday makes me feel a bit confident (a bit lang, hehe).  My plan for Sunday is to run the first 25kms at a super slow, relaxed pace (maybe 8:30 mins/km) and then run/walk the remaining 7.  We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment