Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chill Weekend


Leslie and I did our week's LSD in the UP Academic Oval (see photo) - finished a total of 18kms, but was dying at 15 so had to walk-run the remaining and I think I just used the last km. to cool down.  Hence, just brisk walked it.

It was my first time to run there (Leslie's 3rd, I think) and boy did I enjoy it! We got there at around 5:30AM and the place was almost deserted.  People started flocking in at around 7AM, but did not get too crowded to run decently.  I think that I will frequent the oval for my LSDs.  Much nearer than BHS and a better route for me than the Greenhills area.

Yay for my weekend discovery! Speaking of weekend, I loved the past weekend! It was both relaxing and productive! :) Started the weekend with that LSD in UP, then went home and prepared for Liam's check-up.  So glad that he finally grew 3cms taller and gained 400grams! Inspite of the fact that he's no longer breastfed, I cannot thank God enough for allowing Liam to be such a healthy, happy baby boy.  To date, he has never gotten sick, no fever, cough and colds (except for the ones that come when he cries).  I was initially worried/insecure about his weight - I was thinking, why can't I have a cute, chubby baby boy? Am I feeding him wrong? But then, I realized that it has nothing at all to do with being healthy! As a matter of fact, he can do so much more since he's slim - he can now prop himself up and stand by his playpen! The doctor says that other chubbier babies do this only at 10 months.

Anyway, enough about my mommy raves! Went home for lunch after and spent the rest of the afternoon with the baby <3 Since Breaking Dawn 2 was already showing, husband decided to take me out on a date :) Heard mass, went to dinner at his favorite - Arya, and watched the movie.

Sunday was even more relaxing, as I just mostly spent it at home, save for the morning trip to Trinoma where I had to buy Liam pajamas at Mothercare.

Ahh, love lazy/chill/relaxing weekends spent NOT doing school work! Hoping there'll be more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment