Sunday, November 25, 2012

Run BGC



...or more like Walk BGC.  I don't know if I'm just being a brat or overly maarte but I really am not proud of this run! The only saving grace? I didn't pay for it, thanks to CA's blogger friend.  Or, maybe I would have had more willpower if I actually paid for it? Here are the reasons why I thought I sucked at it:

1) I walked so much! In fairness to myself, I ran until 10kms and right about that time there was a steep uphill so I didn't bother running it anymore.  I was so not prepared for this uphills! The minute I saw so much people ahead of me I knew it had to be downhill kaya kitang-kita ko sila!

2) I think I ran too fast at the beginning.  Not having a GPS watch, I just normally base my pace on the Nike Running app (pretty helpful).  Usually, I end the first km at around 8:00 or 8:30 but yesterday I think it was 7:20? Why am I so much faster? All thanks (or no thanks, haha) to Van who Les and I ran with! She's a much faster runner but did say she was going to run this slow.  Anyway, I think that added to me getting tired...?

3) CA says I walked not really because I was tired, but mostly because I wanted to walk.  I think I was mentally weak yesterday because I was coughing and was on Day 2 of my period :( I wanted to cry when I got my period Friday but decided to be grateful instead that it won't be around anymore this weekend for QCIM! :p

4) I was so slow so at around 12kms, it was so hot na! I didn't wear my cap, but had it in my bag.  Stupid :))

I was supposed to run an additional 6kms with CA and his friends (who are now my friends too, hahaha) after but did not finish :( Thanks to my girly problems (which I do not want to elaborate on here), I only managed an additional 2.  

Here's the usual breakfast crew:

Our time was about 3 minutes apart from each other :) 

Oh, and also, I bought new shoes! Thanks to the husband for my early Christmas/birthday present! <3

New Balance 880v2

So, in spite of my aching thighs, I'm running indoors today so I can break in my new shoes! HEHEHE.  Will run with them again on Wednesday.  Hopefully that's enough breaking in for Sunday.

PS Can't focus well - I keep thinking of this Sunday's half-marathon.  UGH.  I can't wait to get it over and done with.  IF I survive.

Edit: Did not run Monday, CA specifically said, "You just ran yesterday! If you want to injure yourself go ahead and run everyday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment