Thursday, November 15, 2012

Late Post: NB PowerRun

Photo with my favorite running girls, Van and Les at Pancake House, BHS

Les and I ran the 10km while Van was brave enough to join the 25km race.  Good job to her, she finished in 3:09! :) Les and I got better times for our 10km but not significantly.  For me:

KOTR (September 30) - 1:22
RUPM (October 28) - 1:16
PowerRun (November 10) - 1:15

Just a minute faster.  Though if you're one who joins races regularly, I think you would agree with me that 1 minute is not JUST a minute! It actually takes a lot of will power and strength to shave off that 1 minute.  My PR for a 10km was about 1:06 so I'm hoping that I will still get to that one day.   Deadline for that? December 2012.   

Tomorrow, Les and I are supposed to run in UP for this week's LSD.  The plan is to finish 18kms, no matter how slow! HAHA.  We'll see about that.  To prep for Run BGC's 15km, I REALLY have to do tomorrow's LSD.  In addition, am running 21km (YES, 21KM!!!) in 3 weeks!!! Who's scared!? ME.  


It's a first for me to run along Commonwealth, QC Circle, UP area so I'm horrified, actually.  I just feel like I NEED to force myself to finish a 21km as part of my training for TBRDM.  I just really hope I survive this in 3 hours.  

Before QCIM, I have to survive a shorter distance.  15km for: 


That's next Sunday! I hope I'm not killing myself joining runs left and right.  I'm particularly scared for the half-marathon since I feel like I trained harder and more diligently the last time I did a half-marathon (my first, actually).  Well, I have a couple more weeks to make sure I am prepared for the run.  

As for now, my main concern is following through with tomorrow's goal distance of 18km.  

No comments:

Post a Comment