Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Shoes, Same Issue

So I broke in my new shoes today (NB 880v2 - see previous post), yay, right? NOT.  Well, in terms of how it feels when I run, I don't really see any significant difference..? I do appreciate how much more room my toes have.  The pair I have now is much bigger - thanks to pregnancy, my feet got bigger and I don't think it's going to get any smaller.

Anyway, reason why it's not a yay is because... I still got blisters (considered posting a photo but maybe that's too nasty).  I was hoping it was my Mizuno pair that was giving me the blisters, I guess not? CA suggested not wearing socks next time - I'll try next week.  Definitely not trying something new for this weekend's half-marathon.

Speaking of something new, I tried an energy gel today! Had one before my run with CA and well, I did feel a surge of energy at around 3kms! Although CA does not approve of energy gels, I think I might have to have one or two this Sunday, still thinking about it.  Not sure if it's entirely psychological - I remember last year when I did my first half-marathon, I didn't need any gel or even a hydration belt! But, yes, I will not compare my now-self to my last year-self.  I'm less prepared now and carrying on more weight.  According to CA, I always screw up my long runs - by screw up he means: (1) I don't run the entire distance and (2) I only finished 17 last Sunday (instead of the 20 I was supposed to do).

As for my blisters, will definitely load up on petroleum jelly for the half-marathon! We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment