Monday, February 04, 2013

Condura Skyway 2013

So, there went my third half-marathon...and I couldn't have chosen a better race to do it! I loved every single minute of the run - yes, even having to climb up the flyover! The uphill parts felt like forever! I was planning on a 2:30 half-marathon which meant I was going to run 7:30-7:00 for the first 15kms and then speed up to 6:30-7:00 for the last 6kms.  I finished at 2:34 because I noticed I ran at around the pace of 8:00-8:15 at the uphill parts.  Van and I agreed to run it together.  Alone, she has the tendency to start a bit too fast so my purpose was to slow her down, I guess hehe! We ran together until 15-16kms and then since her knee was becoming too painful, she asked me to go ahead.  I reminded Van that this wasn't our race - that this was just in training for TBRDM so she should take it easy and be careful not to have serious injuries that may jeopardize our first full marathon.

Praise God everything went well! Except for one thing: After crossing the finish line, I bumped into CA, Dennis and Janine.  Janine (who finished her first full marathon in a long time at 5:32!!!) pointed at my shirt and asked me what happened and I was like, huh? Then I looked down and saw the front part of my shirt - oh dear, it was bloody! Apparently, my heart monitor chafing (from the Wednesday speed trainings) chafed even more with the sports bra I wore.  Yes, chafed so bad that it bled through my shirt! :(( You can just imagine how painful it was to shower after.

Overall, I think the people behind Condura Skyway Marathon did a reaaaally good job organizing the run! Although there was reportedly over 14,000 runners, it didn't feel like it.  Thanks to the huge Condura Village (where runners went to claim medals, get drinks, participate in post-race activities) and the many waves for each category.

Gahh, a little over 2 weeks before my FIRST FULL MARATHON!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment