Wednesday, June 05, 2013

One Week To Go!

I'm a week a way from my 7th first day of school as a teacher.  I suppose that explains the silence, hehe.  But my silence does mean productivity! I've been going to the gym 3-4x a week (save for last week when I wasn't feeling well), working hard on lesson plans and school-related documents and of course, making each day count with the little boy.

This year, I will be handling seven sections of about 40 students each (that's a whopping 280 students, woot) and also a co-curricular club.  I'm not too sure how I feel about not being a class adviser, since I have always been one for the last 6 years.  While it may be sad not to have a section to call 'home' this school year, I am also welcoming all the extra time I will have in the mornings (no need to be in the classroom everyday from 7:20 to 7:40, woohoo).

Sadly, I haven't been running much (what's new).  I ran 2 weeks ago, 5kms for 42minutes, HAHA.  And last Monday, 3kms of interval training.  In the gym, I usually join the spinning class with which I am able to burn 500-550 calories/class (50 minutes/class).  Not bad, right? Then there's also the Boot Camp class which I joined last week (it's on Thursdays) - it's like a lighter, more purposeful version of the Insanity workout.  Can't wait for the spinning+boot camp classes tomorrow! As for running, although I did sign up for the Run United 2 last Sunday (just 10km), I did not get to go! :( Sorry, RFB.  Someone else end up running the race bib though so at least hindi nasayang.  Buti nalang 'teacherontherun' ang pangalan ng blog na ito.  Motivates me to run AND teach well.

As for the mommy part, I can say it comes naturally so no deliberate motivation needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment