Sunday, June 23, 2013

Running Indoors



When I run outdoors (in the Greenhills area), I prefer to run early in the mornings.  Since I find it quite challenging to get up as early (4-5 AM), I have gotten used to running indoors, in the gym.  Today I used the Nike Running app.  You can set it to indoors so it measures distance and pace based on movement, I think.  The weird thing is, the pace/distance the treadmill records is WAYYY different from the app! How different? According to the app, I finished 10kms in about 55 minutes, with an average pace of 5 minutes something per kilometer.  Although I'd love to believe that, it is simply too impossible.  I've never ran a 10km faster than 1:06, I think! At the same time, I don't think I ran as little as 6km, as recorded on the treadmill.  Hmmm, so maybe I ran about...8?

Which to follow? I highly doubt I ran just 6kms in 55mins! My longest 5km was 42mins! Maybe I should really just run outside for a more accurate workout? :| Nevertheless, I'm happy I was able to run non-stop for close to an hour!

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I've been trying to workout as much as 5x a week while also eating healthy.  So far, this has been the plan:

Monday - Run
Tuesday - Spinning Class
Wednesday - Run
Thursday - Spinning Class then Boot Camp/Circuit Training Class
Friday - REST
Saturday - Run
Sunday - Elliptical here at home and some weights, leg work (squats, lunges)

In reality, I don't always get to follow that schedule (though I have been consistent with the classes), but it's not so bad.  I try to keep it at a maximum of 3 rest days in a week.  Not bad, just enough to still be able to check papers.

Tomorrow's a holiday for San Juan, so no work! IFFF I get up early I might just head over to UP but otherwise, it's the gym.  I have a feeling it will be the latter, hehe.  We'll see.

PS If any of you students are reading this blog, read THIS! Why students should run ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment