Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's A Boy!

Starting today, H won't be the only man in my life now ;) Just had a 2D ultrasound that revealed that our baby is indeed a cute little boy! :) Love, love, love! Vinny was occupied today so I asked two of my girl friends to go with me - Cla and Aids.  Both gladly obliged and were super 100% supportive.  Maid of honor (Aids) was stuck in traffic, though, so I just had Cla.

Everytime I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound or OB appointment, I'm always nervous prior to it thinking that something might have happened to the baby - paranoid.  Today, two seconds after the doctor put the "thing" on my abdomen, she said, "Oh there's your baby!" What a relief! Even better was that baby was very much active in my womb (which I still cannot feel, at the moment).  His legs and arms were moving! Such a magical moment :) At some point, the doctor even caught the baby thumb sucking! Here's a photo of that:


The doctor asked me if I wanted to find out the gender since some don't opt for this and prefer the suspense.  As for H and I, we'd rather know to be able to prepare better.  The doctor said, "Okay, in that case... baby is... 100% BOY!" The minute she said "100%" I already had an idea she was going to say BOY.  The receptionist/assistant said that at 17 weeks, if the assessment is a GIRL, it may or may not be accurate.  However, if it were a boy, it's SURE to be a boy - the boy, cannot be mistaken for a girl.

I admit that I was hoping for a girl for a first baby.  I think I said that already - so for the first 5 minutes or so, I was a BIIIIIT disappointed.  But eventually got over myself when I saw how cute the little thing was! I can't help but be in awe thinking there's a little person moving and playing around inside me! :) I immediately told my mom and H, and both were ecstatic.  Though mom was also hoping for a girl, she said, "Well, if God wants a boy first, then so be it!"

I must say, In My Womb Ultrasound Clinic is the bomb! They have these little rooms for the ultrasound procedures and in each room, there's a space for guests (family and friends) of the mommy who want to see baby.  Even better, they don't have to peek into the monitor! There's a big-enough HD TV mounted on the wall for them to view the baby.  Awesome! They have clinics in SM MOA, SM Megamall (where I went), The Fort and SM Pasay.  Highly recommended.

ACTUALLY.  Everything about this day so far has been great.

After the ultrasound, Cla and I walked around a bit.  I eventually felt my stomach growl so we looked for a place to eat.  We saw this new Japanese restaurant - Yabu by the Atrium and decided to give it a try.  It's a Katsudon place that has very nice interiors and really good food! Very authentic.  We also had Gong Cha (my first time) which did not disappoint! I think I like it even better than Serenitea.


Here's my friend Clarisse with her Pork Katsudon Set.  It comes with cabbage salad, fruits, miso soup, Japanese rice and a generous serving of pork Katsudon.  Good that they have three different sizes for their meat (chicken/pork/seafood options).  Clarisse got the medium-sized.

I was initially craving for Chinese food so I think dinner will be Chinese.  Waiting for H to pick me up at home and then we'll be off to mass + dinner.  He's in a pretty happy mood since he's been praying for Baby Guce to be a Baby BOY Guce ;)

Today gives me license to check out anything BLUE for baby :p NOT buying YET but at least I can now be more focused on my window shopping! :D

Ah, life is good to those who are good (I try!).

No comments:

Post a Comment