Friday, November 04, 2011

Four Months!

I know I said that 9 months seem like such a long wait...but, hey, I'm four months already! It's not so long as I thought and times DOES fly by super fast! Now I only have 1 month to go before I know the baby's gender and 5 months before baby pops out! Thankfully, gone are the days that I seem to be hugging the toilet bowl for relief...or those days when everything just seems to give me a wave of nausea.  Food is now something I just can't get enough of ;) Throughout the months, I have done a lot of thinking (yes, despite being very busy with work) - the kind of thinking that allows me to really reflect on motherhood and it's effect on my life.  When this pregnancy was very new to me, I'd still feel bad about not being able to run that marathon I so wanted to run early 2012.  Today, I'm just bent on taking better care of myself (yes, I did go home at 12:00 MN last night, eeep!) so that baby and I both end up healthy AND THEN running after baby comes out...which I REALLY hope I get to do! I'm just worried that I might be so glued to baby that I never want to leave his/her side.  We'll see!

My officemate has just recently gotten an ultrasound which revealed she was going to have a baby girl! I admit, I got quite jelly.  Originally, I was hoping for a girl.  Why? 1, free education at the school I work in.  2, I love how close my relationship is with my own mom and always imagined to have the same kind of rapport with my own daughter.  3, I feel it's more fun to dress up a girl than it is a boy ;) Now, I'm thinking...if I do have a girl, that will mean I won't leave teacher in the said school, ever! Of course H can afford sending our kid to school without me having to teach there for free tuition...but what a huge relief if tuition fee were no longer a problem, right? If I do have a boy, plans are... 1, move to either Xavier (might not be so easy seeing that the school's are right across each other...too close for comfort?). 2, stop teaching and do something else...? But I think H doesn't like the idea of #2 so much.  He feels that we will be able to live a more comfortable life in a situation where both husband and wife are working.  Agreed.  Hrmmm, then again, it wouldn't be so bad to have to teach for life...would it?

Ayayay.  Decisions, decisions.  I guess before I worry about these things, first things first...find out baby's gender! It will also make shopping easier - will trim down list of things to buy to just one color...pink or blue! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment