Friday, November 25, 2011

Peaches!

What a way to end the week - see photo.



H bought this sweetheart from a block mate, Abi, who posted about selling Dashcund-Labrador mixed puppies.  Since H has always wanted to buy his parents a puppy, he went for this and reserved one.  We couldn't get her right away since she still needed time with her mommy so we had to wait  a while.  Today was the day we were bringing her home! I had work so H was the one who picked her up and cared for her during the day, which included cleaning her pee twice and poo once! So proud of H, haha.

Early tonight, we drove to Alabang to bring her home to my parents-in-law.  It was a bad ride for her as she was crying most of the time.  It was a mix between crying and sleeping for her, actually.  We were going to let her sleep in the living room tonight but I was just too worried about her crying at night and not having anyone to soothe her so I suggested she sleep in our room.  BAD IDEA.  She kept crying and crying and crying.  She'd sleep for maybe 45 minutes, then wake up, and cry, and, well, wake us both up! Which explains why I'm awake NOW: 1AM.  I decided to get up and play with her a bit to make her stop crying and observed that she was kind of shivering.  I realized, she must be feeling cold! Solution? And she hasn't woken/cried since (knock-on-wood).


I guess I got a taste of how it must feel to take care of a baby - helpless and frail, will just cry and cry until it gets what it wants.  Difficult part? You have to guess what it wants! Anyway, I suppose that's just .0005 of the many things I still need to learn about child/infant care.  Partly scared, but looking forward to this new experience.  I have (a little over) 4 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment