Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hubby Moment

Just want to document this so I won't forget...

When my husband and I were first dating, he was so cheesy I'd gawk at him every time he hits me with his liners like, "I feel like I'm in heaven when I'm with you." :| BARF BARF.

Throughout the years and I guess also because of being more mature, he lost it and started being less and less cheesy.  These days, it takes an arm and a leg just to get him to answer a question such as, "What do you love about me?" Which I still ask once in a while and he answers (always), "You're cute.  Yun." :|

He may no longer be his old cheesy self, but he does show love and sweetness in other ways (which may not always be obvious).  Today, I got a kilig fit when I heard him as-a-matter-of-factly say something.  We were talking about being successful, careers, life plans, etc.  He was telling me about how his colleagues were so into being successful and climbing up the corporate ladder that he finds it ridiculous at times.

He goes, "For me ha, hindi na pera o ranking yung definition ko of success.  Si baby na.  If he grows up to be a person with a good heart and is well-educated, yan pinaka definition ko ng success ngayon."

We were in the car then and I was just looking straight, did not want to show how happy his comment made me feel and just uttered, "Ahh, oonga naman."  But I could not help but smile from ear to ear.  Not only did I marry a good husband, but a good father as well.

Once in a while, he proves to me that despite having changed and matured...in some ways, he's still that cheesy and sensitive guy I fell in love with 6 years ago ;)

PS NOW I'm the one who's cheesy :))

2 comments: