Monday, April 02, 2012

Of Goodbyes and Hellos

HELLO:

It's Monday today and I'm home! :) Yup, you got that right, no more work for me.  Since I'm due this month, hubby has already fixed his work schedule so that he works from home for the entire month of April.  I hope it's to help me take care of baby while I do my Chinese ge lai (A Chinese tradition that requires me to stay away from showers, any cold drink/food, etc.  I will also have to take some sort of tea, and other herbal medications).  According to old Chinese tradition, this allows a woman to regain the strength she lost during childbirth.  At first, I rolled my eyes at the thought of it but eventually realized, what the heck is 1 month anyway - that'll go by quick with all the sleepless nights of caring for baby and stuff.  It'll be over before I know it (crossing my fingers).

GOODBYE:

Despite being elated because of reaching the full-term mark, I received sad, sad news yesterday about one of our school administrators (Financial Administrator).  Sr. Teresita Canivel, MIC passed away Sunday, 2:02 AM.  Was never really close to her but during assemblies and stuff, she'd always be comical and had a pleasant approach to things (despite how challenging issues may be).  I commend her for her years of service to ICA - she was 82 when she passed away.  I can only hope to be able to serve the Lord in such a way as she did.  In the same way I wasn't allowed to go to my good friend Jen's wake and my best friend's mom's wake, I'm also not allowed to go to this one.  Bad luck apparently for a pregnant woman to go to a wake, as well as to visit the sick.  So I'm sitting this one out, though I'm sure Sr. Tere understands.

HELLO:

In other news, going to the hospital in a bit to have my weekly check-up.  Crossing all possible body parts to cross (eew) that I've already dilated (even just a bit).  I think not being dilated at full-term might possibly imply a complication or something so I'll need an ultrasound if that's the case.  With all of baby's movements lately, I cannot deny that he is one healthy and active little peanut! Well, the best news I could ever be told for later? "You're dilated and in active labor! Get yourself admitted ASAP!" HAHAHA.  I doubt that would be the case but it would be awesome to give birth before Holy Week :)

Will check in again later for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment