Saturday, April 07, 2012

Fall In Love...

...stay in love and it will decide everything <3 I've always loved this quote from Fr. Pedro Arrupe and today, during the Easter Vigil, I saw this guy wearing a statement shirt that had the same line on it.  I fell in love with the quote all over again.  Here's the entire text:

"Nothing is more practical than finding God that is,
than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings,
what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart and what amazes you with great joy and gratitude.
Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything."

I think there's nothing like a mass at the Gesu to renew and restrengthen my faith.  After all, so many memories fill my heart when I'm in this beautiful church.

One of them would be this:






















Of course, I also got engaged in the same church, where H and I used to serve during college masses back in the ligaw stage.  Each time I'm in the Gesu, my life sort of gets re-anchored.  I remember all over again my purpose in life - service.  To God through my family and my work.  I remember all over again that life does not revolve around me and that I have a far greater purpose than simply just having a good life - I make sure others have that chance too, my students and the less fortunate.

Last year, having that desire to work in the corporate field, I didn't know any better.  I thought I deserved that chance to know and find out whether teaching is really for me and that the only way to do so is to "force" myself to try something else.  No regrets, though.  I was right.  How else would you know if you don't try? Now, a year old and wiser (I hope), I embrace completely the ministry.  I accept wholeheartedly that yes, I may never be the executive I have always thought I'd be but that's only because I can be a bigger executive elsewhere... in the place that has always been my home, the classroom.  And in that little room in this big world, I can be who God wants me to be and do what He wants me to do which is to glorify Him and share His beauty and wonder to the girls.  

Happy Easter to everyone! Cheers to new Hope and new Life! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment