Friday, May 11, 2012

Officially Saying Goodbye to Pregnancy


...at least for now.  I realized it will be awhile until I become pregnant again (birth spacing please) so I decided to compile my favorite pregnant photos so I'll have something to remind me of myself with the Liam bump ;)


This is H and I in my best friend's wedding, with me about 8 weeks pregnant.  Barely showing, still.  Although I do remember having to go out and buy a dress for the occasion, as my dresses have already gotten tight around the abdominal area!


Here with my partner in crime, seat mate for almost 6 years in the faculty room.  I'm about 17 weeks pregnant here ;) Taken during the school's Recognition Day.


Doctor's appointment on my birthday! Here I am at Cardinal Santos, about 22/23 weeks pregnant and showing off my Anmum pregnancy booklet thing.




Our first Christmas together, and my first pregnant Christmas.  Photo taken at Diamond Hotel where we stuffed ourselves with an awesome buffet! Going 6 months pregnant.




The last day of 2011! Spent December 31 in Tagaytay with my parents.  25 weeks preggo!


This is me with a former student, who now studies in Ateneo.  SPEED, a socially-oriented organization had a run and I couldn't resist! I signed up for the 3-km run and, well, barely ran it.  Sorry, I was already 28 weeks preggo here! I think I ran about 300 meters and that's it! Just walked through the entire thing.  But still, this is one of favoritest preggo photos! :)




Me with my pregnant colleagues :)
- Ate Magie gave birth last March and is now mommy to two little boys, Simon and Pio.
- That's me :D
- Lovelene is currently 36 weeks preggo and expecting Zanya Lin (beautiful name) next month.
- The late Jen who I miss terribly.  She passed away last February 6, due to pre-eclampsia.  Her baby, LJ Samantha is now 3 months old. 
- Cherrylou is now mommy to Angela Emmanuelle, who was born April 23 (2 days after Liam!)



My baby shower with the bestest friends in the world :) - photo with both Alvin and I's barkadas.  Photo taken at Apartment 1B in Salcedo Village, Makati.

**


I am truly grateful for the past 10 months in which I really experienced love from all around - my family, in-laws, students, co-teachers, friends and most especially H whom I enslaved to no end! Although I did have my fair share of worries and discomforts, I do thank God for a relatively hassle-free pregnancy.  Save for about three weeks of vomiting and nausea, everything else was okay.  No gestational diabetes, some migraines here and there, no UTI, no leg cramps, back aches, just one day of pamamanas on my feet...that's it! I did have to have a C-Section but I can't complain since that actually was for Liam's own good.

I hope to be able to have the same (if not better, alas, no more vomiting) ease in my next pregnancy, by God's grace.  For now, I am done being pregnant!

So, goodbye, pregnancy and hello motherhood! :)


3 comments:

  1. aww yay! im in your favoritest pregnant photo! hehehe :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I wouldn't have done that run/walk din naman if not for you! :-D So dapat lang andun ka! Hehe

    ReplyDelete