Saturday, May 05, 2012

5 Things I've Recently Discovered About...

..My Husband:

1. When it comes to Liam's soiled diapers, he has no qualms whatsoever in cleaning up. Prior to baby, he'd always give me that grossed-out look when I mention changing nappies. Now, I'm the one who watches by the sidelines when diaper contains poop, hehehe. In all fairness, I have no issues with pee :))

2. Although he treasures his sleep, he is as alert as ever the minute baby lets out a cry. Or sometimes when I beat him to it but need his help, I go, "Alvin!! Help please." and he's on his toes in an instant.

3. He loves cuddling and playing with Liam. His favorite is letting Liam munch on his NOSE. Yes, I've told him over and over that it's not hygienic!!! Haha.




4. He's 10x more patient than I am. When Liam cries like crazy and we can't figure out why, I usually get "depressed" and feel a surge of disappointment in myself thinking how I can't even decode my own baby's cries. I mean, what kind of mother would I be if I can't tell what my child needs? DRAMA MUCH. H, on the other hand, just tries different kinds of cooing, carrying and patting and often gets the job done.

5. Basically, I'm just truly, extremely grateful for having a supportive and hands-on husband who's a wonderful father to our 2-week-old. As a husband, he has exceeded expectations as well, I know I'd be happy marrying him but never thought I'd be THIS happy. We don't always agree on things and sometimes we fight about the little (and big) things but always fixing the situation before going to bed. Never a day has gone by without a moment (or two) of tummy-aching laughter because of his funny antics.

**
On other (but still baby-related) things...

Liam's pedia told us yesterday, "Enjoy this time! Puhunan nyo lang gatas at puyat. This is the easiest, in fact." and it has taken a lot of love and selflessness to get up in the middle of the night when I hear a faint cry, to check on what baby needs. I'm grateful also, that we can afford to hire a nanny who makes things so much easier for us. The nanny sleeps in our room so when baby cries, it's either nanny and I or nanny and H attending to him. This way, the two of us get more sleep. Nanny takes her nap during the afternoons when I'm on duty with baby. H has grown so much, as evident in our check-up yesterday:

Weight: 7.44 lbs. to 7.92 lbs.
Height: 50 cms. to 54 cms.

The before measurements were from 2 weeks ago, date of birth. So that's how much he grew in 2 weeks! :-) it's very comforting to know that the pedia thinks we're "doing very well" as first-time parents.

I've said this before but maybe I mean it so much more now - just too blessed to be stressed and to complain about something as insignificant as lack of sleep or all the Chinese herbs I'm required to take or ge lai in itself :-)

Thank you, Liam, for teaching me to be selfless, making me feel like I can do anything, for teaching me about persistence and perseverance and lastly, for making me want to become a better me - watch me be the mom my kid raves about in school! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment