Thursday, April 05, 2012

Holy Thursday

H and I spent Holy Thursday with my in laws down South.  We decided since there would be no traffic, the ride going to Alabang should be okay - and it was! Only a 40-minute drive from home this time.  I haven't been there since I hit the third trimester so I took the opportunity to go.  We spent all day there and then headed home after dinner (father-in-law cooks a very mean dish of chicken and pork adobo which I requested).

Decided to pass by Starbucks in Missouri Street, Greenhills before heading home and as I was called to claim my order, the barista asked, "Going home, ma'am?" I said yes and he went, "Oh, bringing these (referring to the drinks) home for the kids?" I pointed to my bump (which he couldn't see from the counter) and said, "Wala pa, still in my belly!"

Hmmmm.  This made me think.  Mukha na ba akong may KIDSSS? As in plural? Hahaha.  I didn't know if I found it funny or insulting or maybe just a tad bit futuristic.  But I guess it's a good thing I project an image of a mother.  Boy am I getting old.  Make this maybe 3-5 years ago and I'd be insulted like anything! I guess pregnancy and married life do change people ;)

So if you're wondering, nope, belly still hasn't popped out yet! I felt some weird pain last night though, around 2 AM - a mix of menstrual cramps and kabag and some unknown pain in my lower back ... and discomfort everywhere in my mid section.  I thought that was it but I was also hungry - so I asked H to get me a slice of bread.  I ate it and drank some water...and felt better.  The pain hasn't come back since.  Well, I just hope this won't stretch until my due date (April 21)! Still pinning for any day before April 13.  Pray with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment