Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Productive Tuesday

So, today was ultra productive! I spent the morning in downtown Manila with my parents, searching for that drugstore that sold ge lai ingredients.  I think I wrote about this Chinese practice the other day...? Here's Chronicles of a Nursing Mom writing about it: CLICK! So off to Ongpin we went... My mom's friend told her about this drugstore that sold all the necessary ingredients for the different kinds of teas I was supposed to drink (there are about 4, I think).  We bought the ingredients for the first week, in case baby decides to make an early appearance (which I am hoping for). 



The Chinese Drugstore along Masangkay Street


Meeeeep!


We had lunch at home with the rest of the family and then went to the mall (SM Centerpoint, for convenience) since I was desperate for some walking - in an air-conditioned place, that is.  Of course, you can't just go to the mall without buying anything! Or at least my mom and I can't, hehe.  Here are the things I purchased...

Hooded bath towels for Liam.  As I was fixing his newly washed stuff, I realized that he only had 2 bath towels.  I don't intend to change his towels everyday but I thought it would be good to have some extras.  After all, the weather is so unpredictable, don't want to stress out our labandera.  I was surprised to see that these towels cost a whopping P899.75 for two pieces! I think if that were Rustan's I wouldn't have minded so much, hehe.  To my surprise though, mommy dearest offered to let me use her SM Prestige (Rewards Card) points, so yay! :) Didn't have to pay a single centavo!


So I trooped over to National Bookstore after.  I feel like I need a book to keep me preoccupied (like I don't have enough, hehe) while waiting for Liam.  The best part of the book shopping? National Bookstore had a 20%-off-for-all-books promo! Yay! :) Before I write about the books, here are the non-book items I got: 


Everytime I go to a bookstore, I'm always on the lookout for cheap yet good quality pens.  I've never really trusted BIC, I find that it usually writes well in the beginning then ink lightens.  These were only P7.50 each and looked promising, so we'll see.  Anyway, I won't mind so much if the ink turns ugly since they're pretty cheap.

Colorful envelopes for my banking needs.  I currently transact with three different banks so these will keep things more organized (currently, I just use long white envelopes for my deposit/withdrawal slips, etc.  Hehehe.

**

Ze books! <3 I have tons of non-fiction books which help a lot when it comes to self-reflection but I usually get bored sometime in between, been a while since I last bought a fiction book ;) For something that will surely entertain, I usually stick to Paulo Coelho, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson... For today it's...

I've seen the trailer in the movies so I'm guessing this will be out during my ge lai or shortly after.   Hence, I'm anticipating not being able to go out on dates as much as I want when Liam comes around so, here's the book! :) Since National Bookstore was on sale, the regular price of P315.00 dropped to P252.00!

Actually bought this book last year but ended up giving it to a colleague.  I think I read on her Facebook page something about wanting this book for Christmas so I granted her wish ;) Seeing her face so happy was priceless! From P295.00 to P236.00.  Yay!

I thought to myself, I must buy something useful for what I'm going through now... So I went to the PARENTING section and saw this.  Only P148.00, thanks to the 20% off :)


So I hope that was enough walking! Might walk some more after dinner tonight! :) Come on, baby! We're all so excited to see you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment