Sunday, March 17, 2013

"NO!"

"NO!" seems to be my favorite line these days.

With Liam being so active, I sometimes miss the little him - easier to carry, does not complain much, wala pang alam sa pagiging naughty! These days, I find myself giving Liam a firm, "NO!" more and more.  Just this morning, I had to give him a strict, stern "No!" because he was playing with his food! At 3 days shy of being 11 months old, he now knows the concept of being shouted at - he responds by first frowning and then crying out loud :( It breaks my heart to know that I'm the reason for his tears but I do want to raise a disciplined child.  I don't want him to grow up thinking it's okay to do anything at all! The paranoid in me tells me that all the NO's might damage our relationship and might make him hate me or whatever - yeah I know, OA much.  One of my favorite go-to websites, babycenter.com, has an article on the matter.  According to the article, although discipline should be enforced, spanking should never be an option.  I don't have plans of the latter, but H believes that moderate and purposeful spanking should be okay - he wants to be the type of father the his child fears to a certain level.  I think that should be fine, right?






Liam at 2 months, roughly 9 months ago.











Liam with mommy and daddy on Chinese New Year, at 9 months old.









If I were to think of every single thing I would do or say to Liam and it's possible effects both long-term and short-term, I think it will drive me nuts!!! I guess the best I can do is just to make sure that I do all things out of love - after all, what other reason could there be?

No comments:

Post a Comment