Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ultra Running

You read that right, ultra + running.  No, not running longer distances, as the term ultra running alludes to hahaha.  So far from that.  I remember saying a few months before that 2013 might just be the year to consider running longer.  I'm changing that now, haha.  Not that the marathon traumatized me or anything - but before I start punishing my legs/thighs any more, I figured I'd focus on going back to my pre-pregnancy weight first... and I have about 20 pounds to go before that happens.  So for now until after 20 pounds, it will just be leisure running, lots of dieting, yoga and strength training.

ANYWAY, what I meant was running in Ultra (Philippine Sports Commission), haha! I remember the last time I was there it was to have the deadly massage (I had 2!) by Coach Salazar.  I was kind of excited to run on a track, since I haven't done that in a while (last time was years ago in Ateneo's Moro Lorenzo sports center).   Much to our disappointment, the track was closed! So we had no choice but to run around the complex - horrible.  #1, cars were passing us every few minutes.  #2, the ground wasn't smooth - bako-bako, to say the least.  Definitely not for running.  #3, there was a part that's a super steep uphill (the one sort of across the track gate).  Fine, maybe #3 was actually a good thing - I totally felt my legs burningggg.  At some point in the incline, I thought to myself, "Am I even moving pa?" Kasi parang hindi na ako gumagalaw... yun pala, numb na dahil sa sakit haha.  The only saving grace was we ran easy since I just went there to follow Sharl and Kaka's run-walk program.

Although I may have cursed those uphills, I suppose with the level of difficulty, I burned more out there than if we had done the track!

2 comments: