Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The DREADmill

One of my school's activities, Days with the Lord, is a retreat that juniors have to take for 2 days and 2 nights (Friday night to Sunday night).  Since I'm the girls' junior teacher, I am also required to stay in school with them.  I used to be fine with having to sleep in school for a night (the other night is my supervisor's turn to make bantay) but not now that I have Liam + long runs on weekends! It's not just a sleepover since actually, there really is no sleep from Friday to Saturday - I wait for all the activities to finish before I get to sleep (usually around 5AM).

So I couldn't run last Saturday, right.  Since I badly wanted to sleep in Sunday morning, I had to bear the consequences of having to do my long run on the treadmill, or as I put it, DREADMILL :(( It's no biggie running 5km on it but 18.  EIGHTEEN LONG KILOMETERS.  GAHH.  Thanks to the podcast I just recently discovered (Running Wild by Coach Ige Lopez, Toby Martin and Chock the Great) ... I managed to finish my run in 2 hours, 11 minutes.  That makes for a 7:18 average pace, if I'm not mistaken.  Not too shabby for a long run, at least for my standards.

This weekend, I'm supposed to do 20 then 22 the next and 21 again for Condura Skyway half-marathon on February 3! Can't wait :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment