Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What Lies Ahead

I'm sitting in the classroom now, waiting for the girls to finish their reflection paper.  I've been thinking of what 2013 has in store for me, at least the ones I'm aware of and have planned for...

1) My 2nd Condura Skyway Marathon
Running 21k for this (this is going to be my third 21km and my 2nd, post Liam) :D Yay! Looking forward to the race.  I believe that compared to my QCIM half-marathon, I am way, way, waaaay more prepared this time, having ran LSDs much longer than 21km.  Hoping for a 2:30 or less for this.

2) TBRDM 2013!!!
According to the website, I have 39 days to go! My long runs have already been planned for until race day - that includes that half-marathon, another 32km, and 16km the weekend before the race.  And of course, speed training on the weekdays.  All thanks to CA who insists on a sub 5 hour marathon for me.  5:30 at the most.

3) March 1-3, La Union
Trip with husband's barkada.  It will be the first out-of-town/overnight trip for us without Liam - not that we've had one with him, haha.  I'm sure I'll miss him the minute I get on our shuttle, yes we hired a shuttle!!!

4) April 13-14, Cebu
Liam meets tai-ma, my dad's mom.  Since great grandma is turning 90 this year, and too old to travel to Manila, we decided to fly to Cebu with Liam so she could see him.  It's going to be Liam's first airplane ride.  Similar to me, the first airplane ride I took was also to Cebu to see grandma :) Too bad it's only one night, since H needs to be at work on the weekdays.  The best part of the stay is that we'll be checked in at the Shangri-La! :D Okay, fine.  That should be the second best thing since first should be seeing my grandma :p

5) Liam's 1st birthday! :)
I initially wanted to have it in Chili's, Alabang Town Center since it's a new and pretty branch.  But when I called, I found out that they only allow parties on the weekdays (Mondays to Thursdays) and their functions rooms can only hold a maximum of 70 people.  My guest list is already at 120 :| So, we decided to have it in good old Jollibee in Madrigal Avenue, Alabang.  I guess it's a blessing in disguise because this will definitely cut costs in half! Plus, who can resist a kiddie party and some Jolly Spaghetti? :p

6) Longer Runs
2-3 years ago, running over 42kms was never part of the plan.  I know it's crazy but I've been entertaining the thought of running BDM 102 (Bataan Death March, 102kms) lately.  So maybe this year will be spent focusing on getting used to the 42km distance and then eventually moving up.  The BDM 102 2014will probably be in March so I have lots of time to prepare - and decide, if ever :p

7) My 7th year of teaching
I already handed in my Letter of Intent for SY 2013-2014 so I'm most probably staying for another year.  My work best friend, Sharl, will be the subject area's supervisor and in as much as I would like to move to THE other school in preparation for Liam's education, I will postpone that for another year since I wouldn't want to leave Sharl on PAASCU year and in her first supervisor year :) What friendship can do! :p

8) 2nd wedding anniversary ;)

.... That's all I can think of for now.  Will add more next time.  So far, so good, looks like a pretty interesting year ahead! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment