Monday, December 26, 2011

A Very Merry(ied) Christmas

...get it? :) Hehehe.  As the title implies, this is my first married Christmas.  As H and I were pulling out of our driveway on the 24th (to spend CHristmas eve with my in laws), I couldn't help but feel a bit emotional saying goodbye to my mom.  HAHA.  Drama! But really, it was my first Christmas eve away from home - not that we have anything special back at home.  We usually just have a big home-cooked dinner then by Noche Buena time, have coffee and dessert.  So it wasn't so much on what we did but just the thought of being at home with my family.  Of course, I knew being married also meant being married to another family which I also had obligations to.  I had a nice Christmas eve with my in laws - had really good home-cooked lunch and dinner (really cannot imagine going on a diet with my father-in-law who cooks amazing meals), Midnight Mass then Christmas ham back at home.

The next day, 25th, H and I drove back home to spend it with my family.  We had a hefty lunch at The Corniche, Diamond Hotel - buffet galore! I promise, this is the last buffet I'll be having this year until the end of the pregnancy! We hung out at Diamond Hotel until around 4:00 PM then headed home.  Slept from 5:00 to 8:00 PM!

Over-all, I'd say Christmas this year was calm, quiet and...complete - in every sense of the word.  I realized I don't need a huge celebration with so many relatives around or Christmas presents left and right.  I'd rather a small and meaningful Christmas with the people who matter.

The best part about this Christmas is knowing that next year will even be better with baby in tow.  I seriously cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment